Only prescriptions that patients are going to be using for long term will be added to your repeat prescription. Prescriptions that need reviews more frequently than six months will be on acute and you will not be able to request these without a doctor’s authorisation.
As from 12th April 2021 prescription requests can only be made via Patient Access.
· For those of you who are requesting via patient access, please continue to do so.
· For those of you who are not using patient access, please register for Online services by contacting us on 01895632114/632021 or send us an email at email@example.com so we can help you with the registration (email written consent and photo ID is required).
· Once you have received the Linkage Key from the surgery please register on Patient Online Access https://www.patientaccess.com/.
In exceptional circumstances including the elderly or where clinical indicated, paper format prescriptions and email requests will be accepted as follows:
· Email the practice your request: firstname.lastname@example.org
· In the email subject line, please write “King Edwards & Swakeleys Medical Centre”. In the email body, please ensure you provide your full name, date of birth and a list of all the medications you require.
· If you are requesting on behalf of someone else, please provide their full details and their list of required medications.
· Providing right hand side of the prescription, tick the items required and delivered to the surgery by hand or post. You can arrange for your prescription to be sent electronically to a pharmacy of your choice. Please inform the reception team of your nominated pharmacy.
Any prescription requested without those details might be delayed/ no processed.
Please note this email address will be for prescription requests only and should not be used for any other general enquiries.
Please allow up to 72 working hours for the prescription request to be issued and sent to the pharmacy.
Prescriptions requested on Friday will be available on Wednesday. Prescriptions requested over a public holiday will take an extra day to process.