Patient Notice - COVID-19 Advice
18th March 2020
Patients who have a new continuous cough and/or a high temperature will be offered a telephone consolation; please do not come to surgery.
As we are unable to triage the Walk-In Clinic there will be no Walk-In Clinic at King Edwards Medical Centre from Monday 23rd March, additional pre bookable appointments will be available.
Prescription/general requests should be hand posted through the letter box at each surgery (there is a designated prescription box at Swakeleys Medical Centre) or mailed to surgery. Please avoid hand delivering requests to the Receptionist.
We encourage our patients to request prescriptions online via EPS, please contact reception for further information.
You can also contact us via our general email email@example.com
These measures have been put in place to ensure your safety at all times. Here are some Dos and Don’ts for you to follow to help reduce risk of infection:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
We thank you for your help and understanding during this difficult time.
COVID-19 contingency sharing.
Primary care staff across each borough will be able to access your full medical record without consent during the COVID-19 pandemic but will only do so when this is necessary to provide you with care.
They will be required to use a smartcard which confirms their identity, and which limits their access and actions to those appropriate for their role. They will all have been trained to understand their professional and legal responsibilities in providing you with care.
Patient Notice - Medical Certificate
Patients are asked to please complete the attached request and return to your employer should you require a fit note, it's not necessary for you to request from you GP.
Please download the form here. (PDF, 104KB)